Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cloverfield Trauma Revisited

I went to see Cloverfield this weekend despite warnings that the movie had 9/11 sensitivity issues. I had read some interviews and in one, a representative for the film dismissed those issues as unfounded and simply said if you go to see the movie you will find that it is basically like seeing godzilla.

That kind of eased my mind about that matter. In the past many people have jumped to conclusions about movies and made a ruckas before having even seen the film. So I went.

Was it like a godzilla movie? Yes, I won't deny that, but some of the similarities of things in the movie compared to events that unfolded on that horrible morning of 9/11 brought back to many emotions that were buried inside of me.

I won't go into great detail because I wouldn't want to ruin the film for anyone but I will say this... if you were personally touched by 9/11 this might be a movie that you can live without seeing.

9/11 is something that will be a part of me forever. Unfortunately this movie made me relive some pieces of that terror. This movie was obviously not made by someone who lived anywhere near New York during that sad sad day that changed the world forever.

No comments:

Google

GOP Headlines