Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jesus Not allowed on Freecycle.org

As a user of the freecyle system I was shocked when I posted an offer for a book that had the word Jesus in the title and got a response from the moderator that my offer could not be posted with the word Jesus in the title. I was told that it against freecycle.org policy and that I could post it as “book”.

For those of you who do not know what freecyle.org is, it is basically a worldwide community system where you can offer stuff that you want to give away instead of throwing it out. You can also list thing that you want and someone can offer it to you.

Today I had many things I was clearing out of my house and I successfully offered them, accept for the book because the mention of Jesus is not allowed on freecycle.org. I think the founders of our country would be absolutely disgusted at what this country is becoming.

2 comments:

andyswarbs said...

In the interests of supporting a multi-cultural society general rules of freecycling on any and all of the networks do not support proselytizing. So, according to their definition of operation, if they felt that the post came across in this way then they may have a valid argument.

If you feel that your post was not proselytizing and also can support this with evidence that others are able to post similar items then you should have grounds for complaint.

Unknown said...

I'm no longer a member of freecycle and I am happy not to be. The very idea that you can't post an item with the name of Jesus in it is totally ridiculous. Giving a book away with Jesus in the title is very different from trying to talk someone into becoming a Christian. No one has to take the book if they aren't interestedd.

Google

GOP Headlines